Luxury Tented Camp Safari
Would you like to spend your safari in a luxury tented camp to be as close to wildlife as you can get and enjoy splendid facilities at the same time?
There are several luxury tented camps in most of Tanzania’s National Parks as well as in different Game Reserves with a medium or high level of facilities, friendly service and full of atmosphere.
Since most parks offer luxury tented camps we can organise an interesting safari among the different parks for you, depending on your interest.
Some luxury tented camps are mobile so you can follow the track of the animals in “the Great Migration” which takes place all year around. When the rainy season starts in Serengeti around October more than 1,5 million of wildebeests and zebra’s come down south of Masai Mara, Kenya, into the Serengeti for fresh grazing every year. Since the wide rivers and streams of the Serengeti dry out relatively quickly once the dry season starts around June, the wildebeests and zebra’s gather again to move northwards, first crossing at the Grumeti River and in late August the Mara River into Kenya. Between late September and late July a herd of more then 1,5 million grazers will be in Serengeti and Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Example of an itinerary of 6 days / 5 nights Luxury Tented Camping safari to:
- You’ll be picked up in a 4X4 Landcruiser / Landrover from your hotel in Arusha and taken to Tarangire National Park for an afternoon game drive acompanied by a driver guide explaining to you all about wildlife, fauna and the history of the park. In the late afternoon you’ll arrive at your permanent tented camp inside the park where you can enjoy a nice drink overlooking the valley or stay in the concession area between Tarangire and Lake Manyara where the sun sets over the “Great Rift Valley”
- In the evening a candle light dinner is served in the mess after which you can have a nice rest in your own comfortable tent where you have your own bathroom with hot shower, toilet en mosquito netted beds.
- After breakfast you’ll go for a early morning gamedrive, seeing a different part of the park. You’ll return for a hot lunch whereafter you’ll leave for Manyara National Park ( about 1,5 hour drive). In Manyara In the afternoon you’ll be staying at the specially tranquil tented camp with views of lake Manyara or the Great Rift Valley. The tents are spaciously set among the natural vegetation and have lots of privacy.
- This day you’ll have an early breakfast and then leave for Serengeti passing Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The conservation area is filled with game and you’ll also see little settlements of the maasai people still living there, taking care of their cattle. Halfway we’ll have a stop to visit Olduvai Gorge and have lunch. Olduvai Gorge is the continents most famous archealogical site since a 1.8 million year old ape-like skull was found which turned out to be one of three variations of the humanid ( human like) found in East Africa.
- After lunch you’ll be driving further through the conservation area into Serengeti where you’ll arrive at the end of the day at your tented camp in central Serengeti / western corridor / North Serengeti, depending on the season. One of the most luxurious places on your trip where you stay for two nights to really experience the Serengeti.
- After breakfast you’ll be going on a early game drive after which you return for a hot lunch. After some relaxing hours, you can go for a the late afternoon game drive, choosing a different route through the Serengeti.
- Another evening and night spend in your luxury tent enjoying the facilities offered to you.
- After an early breakfast you’ll be taken back through the Conservation Area to arrive in the afternoon at the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater where you’ll stay at a lodge on the West side of the crater which is a magnificent location. If you prefer to stay in a tented camps, we take you to the east side of the crater rim. We make sure you’re offered the luxury facilities and atmosphere you expect.
- After an early breakfast you’ll descent into the crater, where nature has just woken up, for a gamedrive along the crater floor. Ngorongoro Crater is famous for the intensity of game so you are destined to see, lions, elephants, zebra’s, wildebeests, buffalo’s, Impala’s, Thomson’s Gazelle’s and much more. Various species of birds like the Ostriches, Crane bird, Kory Bustard, Secretary bird, Ibis and of course Vultures, perhaps picking the leftovers of a lions prey. The packed lunch is ‘served’ at one of the picnic sites. In the afternoon you’ll be taken back to Arusha and taken to your hotel or lodge.