Do you want to spend your Tanzania Safari staying in a Lodge on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater or in the middle of the wildlife world providing a high level of facilities in different ranks?
The advantage of a lodge safari is you’ll get a lot of opportunities to stay inside the National Parks so you’ll be in the middle of the wildlife experience from dusk till dawn.
The luxury lodges will make your safari more comfortable due to the excellent facilities offered by them within the National Parks and Game Reserves.
Below you’ll find an example of a Lodge itinerary. If you want to know more about a Lodge safari, visiting other National Parks please contact us for the more information.
Example of an itinerary of 5 days / 4 nights Lodge safari to:
Tarangire National Park / Tarangire Conservation Area / Lake Manyara National Park / Ngorongoro Crater
- You’ll be picked up in a 4X4 Landcruiser / Landrover from your hotel in Arusha and taken to Tarangire National Park for a afternoon gamedrive accompanied by a driver guide explaining to you all about wildlife, fauna and the history of the park.
- In the late afternoon you’ll arrive at your lodge where you can enjoy a nice drink overlooking the park’s sunset. In the evening a candle light dinner is served in the mess after which you can have a nice rest in your own cottage or Tree Top House built in the Baobab trees.
- After breakfast there is a possibility to go with a special ranger for a bushwalk to experience the wildlife from a different perspective. There are different routes through the park you can choose from.
- You’ll return for a hot lunch one can have another gamedrive after you’ll leave for Tarangire Conservation Area and will stay at a lodge along the river or in the concession area. A very tasty dinner is served in the mess or at your private veranda with stunning views.
- After breakfast drive to Lake Manyara for a full day game drive, see herds of elephants, buffalo’s and hippo’s in their pool.
- At the end of the afternoon you’ll drive to your Lodge either inside or outside the park depending of your choice, have a nice sundowner and relax of the impressions of the day.
- After breakfast you’ll be taken to Manyara National Park for a morning game drive in another area of the park.
- Provided lunch can be enjoyed at one of the picnic sites inside the park. For the active among you a mountain bike tour can be arranged from the top of “the Great Rift Valley” down towards Lake Manyara, you spend the night in the same lodge
- In the afternoon you’ll leave for Ngorongoro Crater where you’ll be staying in a luxurious lodge at the rim of the crater where the view over the entire crater is amazing.
- After an early breakfast you’ll descent into the crater where nature has just woken up, for a game drive along the crater floor. Ngorongoro Crater is famous for the intensity of game so you are destined to see, lions, elephants, zebra’s, wildebeests, buffalo’s, Impala’s, Thomson’s Gazelle’s and much more. Various species of birds like the Ostriches, Crane bird, Cory Bustard, Secretary bird, Ibis and of course Vultures, perhaps picking the leftovers of a lions prey.
- The prepared lunch is ‘served’ at one of the picnic sites.
- In the afternoon you’ll be taken back to Arusha and taken to your hotel or lodge.
Fill out the form with your personal data, travel details and special interests and we will tailor a trip for you!