Private Camping Safari
If you’re in for the safari experience and like to camp in or very near the parks we can offer you a budget camp safari. You’ll have your own driver / guide taking you in his 4X4 Landcruiser or Landrover to the parks of your choice. A cook will also be joining you to make sure you’ll have your breakfast ready when you wake up and your lunch and dinner after returning from your game drives. You travel with our own tents, comfortable mattresses, sleeping bags, table and chairs. So you see, budget is a relative word since you’re well taken care of. You’ll enjoy lots of freedom to discuss with our driver/guide where you want to go in the park and how long you want to stay.
If you want to experience more activities in some parks we give you some options:
- Walking safari
You are welcome and have a real wildlife experience by walking very close to the wild animals in Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, the forests around Lake Manyara, walking down the “Great Rift Valley” or Ruaha National Park. Tell us and we can make the proper arrangements for you since you need a local guide or park ranger to accompany you.
- Mountain biking in Lake Manyara
- Canoe or boat safaris in Selous Game Reserve, Arusha National Park and Ruaha National Park
- Cultural excursions
Example of a 6 days / 5 nights itinerary budget camping safari
Tarangire National Park / Lake Manyara National Park / Serengeti National Park / Ngorongoro Crater
- Arusha – Tarangire National Park
- Your private driver / guide will meet you at your accommodation to drive to Tarangire National Park where one can see herds of elephants, giraffe, buffaloes, zebra’s and wildebeests especially in the dry season from June to October, you can enjoy the rest of the day game viewing and will leave for Lake Manyara in the afternoon for dinner and overnight at a private campsite
- Lake Manyara National Park
- Leave in the morning for a full day game drive in Lake Manyara National Park, visit the lake, see herds of elephants, big families of baboons and Hippo’s in their pool. Because of the varied environment you’ll also see a lot of different species of birds and antelopes, giraffe, zebra’s and wildebeests. You spend the night at the same campsite outside of the park boundary.
- Lake Manyara – Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast drive to Serengeti National Park acrossing the Ngorongoro Conservation Area having the game en route as well as visiting Olduvai Gorge,the place where Dr.Leakey and his wife discovered the remains of Homo habilis and Zinjanthropus boisei (early man ) dating back to more than 1.8 million years ago. Then proceed to Serengeti for dinner and overnight at a public campsite.
- Serengeti National Park
- Early morning game drive in the park to catch up with the morning hunter, especially lions, cheetahs and wild cats. Here you will have a big chance of spotting most of the big five; lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo except rhino and not forgetting that this is where you can see hundred of thousands of wildebeests and zebra’s migration. In the evening drive back to the camp for dinner and overnight.
- Serengeti National Park – Ngorongoro Crater
- Early morning game drive and before noon drive back to the camp for hot lunch and drive to Ngorongoro Crater for dinner and overnight at Simba campsite which is located on the rim of the crater.
- Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha
- After breakfast descend 610 meters down the Crater floor for the half day game drive where you can see all of the “big five” along with the hippopotamus, Thomson’s gazelle etc. and different species of birds; afterwards drive to back to Arusha where we drop you at your accommodation and you can look back at a terrific experience!
Example of our tents at a private campsite near Lake Manyara
Fill out the form with your personal data, travel details and special interests and we will tailor a trip for you!